• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Service pack 2 question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Coldblood06

Registered
Ok i formatted and put on windows xp pro x64. Did the updates, then i noticed that the updates put on the service pack for windows server??? Tried to uninstall it caused alot of problems, system restore worked but stuff still did not work right, couldn't even now get to add or remove programs.

So i did a reinstall, now i am trying to get the right service pack 2, but i can't find it, i would be messaging microsoft but they charge 50 sum bucks. uh no!

Q: Why is it trying to put windows serer service pack 2 on my computer? And were can i find the right service pack, because i can't find it on ther sight?

ps curse microsoft, even thought i love them!

XP Pro x64 SP2 is not only for the 64-bit version of XP, but also for Windows Server 2003...
Code:
[b]System Requirements[/b]

[b]* Supported Operating Systems:[/b] Windows Server 2003 R2 x64 editions; Windows Server 2003 x64 editions; Windows XP Professional x64 Edition

SP2 can be installed directly on the following operating systems:

* Windows Server 2003, x64 Editions
    * Windows Server 2003 R2, x64 Editions
    * Windows Server 2003 Compute Cluster Edition with Service Pack 1
    * Windows Server 2003 Storage Server R2, x64 Editions
    * Windows XP Professional, x64 Edition
Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2 for x64 Editions
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...f5-6e3b-4e0d-9314-646414d0a421&displaylang=en

Windows Server 2003 & Windows XP x64 Service Pack 2 Overview
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windowsserver/bb294403.aspx

Last edited:
Are you using windows/microsoft update?

Whatever was in my toolbar, the yellow automatic update.

The SP for Server would never install on XP, you must be mistaken about that part.

Sadly enough it did, i look at the requirements through a program on my computer for Battlefield 2 and it says i had windows xp pro x64 with windows server service pack 2.

XP Pro x64 SP2 is not only for the 64-bit version of XP, but also for Windows Server 2003...

Those say for windows server, but i am not using wondows server is that ok. Just trying to make sure i get the right one, don't want it messes up again.

So are you sure it wont matter? But when i did it the first time. Why did it says sp2 for server, and not for professional.

Back