Notices

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Cooling > Water Cooling
Water Cooling Discussion devoted to blocks, pumps, radiators, reservoirs, tubing, and everything else to get you running smooth on a water loop
Forum Jump

Watercool setup to fit in my Antec SLK3700?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 07-10-07, 05:06 AM Thread Starter   #1
WeaponX6X

Watercool setup to fit in my Antec SLK3700?

I'm looking to watercool my system...no oc'ing, just want a quiet setup. It's an Athlon 64 3200+ so I don't think it needs anything very powerful to keep it cool enough. I don't need to watercool the video card.

Here's the inside of the case:

Dimensions: 18.3"(H) x 8.25"(W) x 18.6"(D)

Is this case big enough to have the entire watercooling system within it? There's only 1 hard drive and 1 dvd-rw if that matters as well

Budget is $100, but I can stretch it if needed. I will pay more to keep it quiet.

1024 MB RAM
120GB HD
Radeon Mobility X700
Carbon Fiber Chassis
WeaponX6X is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 07-10-07, 05:20 AM   #2
Wizzard005

I would say it depends on what system you decide to go with. I would save your money since you don't want to OC. Get your self some Thermal take Smart fans for 15 each 120mm, and but a good CPU cooler and put another smart fan on it. Also, you can sound dampen the inside of the case. That will make an amazing difference.

Wizzard005

Core2 Duo E6400 @ 2.13Ghz @ 3.20Ghz 400x8 @1.41vcore \ CPU Cooler: Water Cooling - Custom setup \ Temps: (live in hawaii) 85f in the house 99.8% of the time \ CPU Temps: 37c/58-62c running prime95 x2 \ 2GB OCZ Reaper DDR2 800 4-4-4-15 \ 2 x 74BG SATA 300 10,000RPM HD's \ 2 x 500GB SATA 300 Backup HD
1 x 250 Movie Drive \ 2 x SLI nVidia eVGA 8800 GTS PCI Express Video 560/810 \ DELL 24.0" Widescreen LCD
LAN Connection - Fiber from XO
Wizzard005 is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 07-10-07, 08:32 AM   #3
CGR

10 Year Badge

Yes, I have the same case and put a WC system in it. The only problem I had was the pump interfered with taking the video card in and out. Had to shoehorn it in.

Long as you dont have to take the vid card out a lot its fine. I had the rad attached to the back of the case where the 120mm fan is though, then had the pump on the bottom near the back of the case.

I also saw someone put the radiator on the far side of the drive cage and had cut the side panel to allow air in. Putting the rad in that case will be difficult, but putting the rad in most cases is difficult and requires removing the drive cage usually

HIS 4850 680/1108.................................................. .............Nvidia 7600GT
WD VRaptor 300gb/Seagate 1TB..........................................Raptor 74gb/Seagate 200gb
OCZ GameXtreme 600SLI

CGR is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 07-10-07, 07:39 PM Thread Starter   #4
WeaponX6X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzard005
I would say it depends on what system you decide to go with. I would save your money since you don't want to OC. Get your self some Thermal take Smart fans for 15 each 120mm, and but a good CPU cooler and put another smart fan on it. Also, you can sound dampen the inside of the case. That will make an amazing difference.
hmmm you bring up a good idea...deadening. Do you think a single 120mm smart fan will provide enough air flow for the setup? What HSF would you recommend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGR
Yes, I have the same case and put a WC system in it. The only problem I had was the pump interfered with taking the video card in and out. Had to shoehorn it in.

Long as you dont have to take the vid card out a lot its fine. I had the rad attached to the back of the case where the 120mm fan is though, then had the pump on the bottom near the back of the case.

I also saw someone put the radiator on the far side of the drive cage and had cut the side panel to allow air in. Putting the rad in that case will be difficult, but putting the rad in most cases is difficult and requires removing the drive cage usually
Well the video card is a Geforce 6200...this is obviously not a gaming PC.

If you have time, could you take some pics of your setup? I'ld love to see what you've done...and a parts list would be cool too

Here's a general watercooling question...how much maintenance does it need? As in...1 thing a week? 1 thing a month? etc

1024 MB RAM
120GB HD
Radeon Mobility X700
Carbon Fiber Chassis
WeaponX6X is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 07-10-07, 08:11 PM   #5
EmAn

my best reccomendation is to read the stickies and do your research because it will help you quite a bit

SPC in the US ARMY working on AH-64D Appache Longbow Attack Helicopters
Yes I work on a $47,000,000 computer that has two jet engines attached to it A LOT of spinning parts and of course... Rockets, GUNS, and Missiles
EmAn is offline   QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Cooling > Water Cooling
Water Cooling Discussion devoted to blocks, pumps, radiators, reservoirs, tubing, and everything else to get you running smooth on a water loop