• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

core0 on X2 trowing error on p95

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fl0w

With all of my hardware on their stock settings, my x2 4400+'s (at its native 2.2ghz) first core is trowing me an error in prime 95, less then a minute into a torture test. I have the affinities set right and testing with 700mb on each core.
This is from idle temps, starting at ~31c. It trows the error before it even reaches its max temp. The other core keeps running fine.

At work now, and I don't remember my voltage settings offhand.
Anyone know a possible culprit? :bang head

Well somthing isnt right if you re failing @ stock .
What are you using to Get your Temps ? Use this -> http://www.thecoolest.zerobrains.com/CoreTemp/
Try using orthos instead of Prime you dont need to set the afinity and only need one app running .(works on Dual cores and is basicly the same program @ prime )

Dont use Blend in orthos run Small ffts.

I'm using asus probe II to check temps. I've always heard bad things about it, but apparently the temps are pretty accurate.
Coretemp looks very cool, is it possible that one of my cores is getting significantly hotter then the other? Wont be able to test till I get home later tonight

WonderingSoul said:
If it is new, I would RMA it and not even bother with it...

It's not. About a year and 4 months old. But I would never leave it overclocked for long, and was always careful with putting too much volts to it. Its always had great cooling as well

i would say ram too... what settings are you using in prime? which test? you mentioned 700mb so i assume your running the test which tests ram more than anything... just a thought

enhanced said:
i would say ram too... what settings are you using in prime? which test? you mentioned 700mb so i assume your running the test which tests ram more than anything... just a thought

was running the torture test. It tests cpu as well, but I didn't realize this is a very ram intensive test

Will try the ram divider settings. bringing the divider up means less OCing correct? Im sorta noob on dividers

Last edited:
"bringing the divider up means less OCing correct? Im sorta noob on dividers"

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

on the contrary, with AMD slugs the divider will bring (for the most part) higher clockage...

AMD's do not suffer under the divider...

laterz

Back