• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wireless using ipcop/smoothwall?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

IAmMoen

So I know a lot of people are using ipcop and smoothwall and I would like to do that but I am wondering if I would be able to somehow have wireless coming from it or if this is a talent that only a wireless router has.

If you check out the Smoothwal forums in the homebrew mods section, there is a mod called the Blue Interface. It allows you to add an extra NIC into your smoothie, and attach a wireless access point directly to the NIC. That would be the easiest way of going about it. Sticking a PCI wireless adapter in your smoothwall and trying to set it up that way probably won't work out too well for you.

IAmMoen said:
So if I set my wrt54g to router instead of gateway it will allow the ipcop box to do the ip assigning?

yes. i had mine set up like that for a long time. dont forget to turn off dhcp. and attach the wrt via one of its switch ports, not WAN. unless you got aftermarket firmware that turns WAN to switch port.

Back