• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Oc'ing a Asus P5N32-E SLI/E6600/OCZ DDR2 PC2-6400

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

confues2xover

Registered
Well after reading a lot on how the E6600 is almost demanding to be over clocked and how well it runs at speed 3.4Ghz+ on air, I just had to say goodbye to my old Socket 939 AMD and move into the Intel 775 architecture.

Now I am here, however I have read so much about over clocking, I am now so very confused. I was playing with and never very successfuly OC’d my AMD’s (accept using the Asus AI Booster NOS settings), but now it seems Intel boards have different “names” for things and different things to consider.

Would someone be so kind as to assist me in the direction of how to consider getting this configuration to these OC settings?

Current Hardware:
Motherboard: Asus P5N32-E SLI nForce 680i Chipset (Supposed to be a Striker Extreme board w/less stuff on the actual board)
Processor: Intel E6600 Dual Core 2 Duo
Memory: 2GB OCZ Reaper DDR2 PC2-6400 Enhanced Bandwidth Edition (stock 2.0v, warranty allows up to 2.2v, stock timings are EPP 4-3-3-15 (NVIDIA nForce 680i chipset ONLY))
Video Cards: (2) BFG 7900 GT OC 256MB in SLI
Sound Card: x-FI Fatal1ty Champion Platinum Series
PSU: High Power 560W (3) +12v rails
Heat Sinks & Fans: Zalman CPU (CNPS7700-Cu ) & (2) GPU (VF900-Cu ) HS&F
Comp Case: Antec P180B w/(5) 120mm & (1) 80mm Fans

What I would like to get:
Processor @ 3.0 Ghz (3.0 would be fine, I don’t really want to push it harder. I want to boost it, but keep it still below its full capabilities so I don’t wear it out too soon)
RAM: 4-4-4-15-2T @ DDR2-1030 @ 2.2v which is supposed to be this RAM’s “Sweet Spot” when OC’ing

So in order to get those results, what do I need to understand?
I mean, what should I look at in my BIOS and begin tweaking to get to those and how do I work with the multipliers, voltages, or whatever I need to in order to achieve these results?

Is there some chart out there that you can use and say - “Hey I want this” and it tells you “Ok, then set this to this, that to this, etc”? How does one figure out what to set where to get a desired result?

Back