• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

toledo 3800 x2 temp question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

haimengt

Registered
guys, i need your advice. currently i have a toledo 3800 x2 with zalman 7700alcu fan on a MSI K8N neo4 mobo. i overclocked it to 2.2Ghz without increase the volt and the temp at 55 degree Full load. (underload is only about 39) is this temp too high or just right for the cpu? my goal is to push to at leaset 2.4, any suggestion? show i increase the volt or keep increaseing the fsb?
oh, my memory is ocz pc4200, it is a beast. ha. thanks

It's a little high but sounds like you cound drop it by 5 degs by getting more airflow through the case. If you took it to 2.4 and it is stable and still 55-56 then it should be ok. I set my BIOS to warn at 60 and shutdown at 65. I'll know when it's goind above my preferred temps of under 65C

55 is within a perfectly fine temp range, and overclocking doesnt raise temps voltage does, your cpu should shut down under 65c, i know mine does, ooops :)

its a great chip, push that sucker. i dont know that zalman but since its atleast not the stock cooler you should be fine with 1.4v(sometimes your board gives it that on auto), check well with coretemp under load at 1.45v

do as many tries as you can with stock voltage make sure you find its limit 100% stable before raising volts, then it might be for no reason. im guessing your going to hit about 2.7 there
always atleast put your ram on some sort of divider to find your cpu's limit first, ram/the rest of the system should be stressed all together last

My 3800 x2 is running at stock volts. Increasing fsb will also raise temps just like adding volts. An aftermarket cooler would probably get you close to 2.8 or more but the temps will stop you first without one. I have a 120 mm fan on the stock heatpipe cooler with 100+cfm and it is still not good enough to go any higher then my sig.

Back