• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Chipset Voltage??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Stebly

Hi, I'm running an Am2 Windsor x2/4600+ 65 watts @308x9(2772 Mhz.)
Vcore is 1.4750, air cooling. Temps 32*-34*idle/56*-58*load.
the rig is stable but would like to squeeze a little more out of it.
Will it be useful to raise the chipset voltage or is this not worth the
gain, if any? Have raised the vcore and my Team Xtreem ram is at spec.
2.2v.@924Mhz.@4-4-4-12-23-2T.(1:1). No other voltages increased.
Thanks, like to hear from an experienced member as this is new territory
for me.:thup:

EDIT; The chipset is heat pipe cooled and is already on the hot side
I've got a fan on it as well.

Last edited:
well yes raising the voltage will more than likely get you alittle more outta her, but i wouldn't really do it on the stock HSF or even HS that they use.

AsusLover said:
well yes raising the voltage will more than likely get you alittle more outta her, but i wouldn't really do it on the stock HSF or even HS that they use.
I have heard that aswell. Never tried boosting the chipset voltage myself (board doesnt support it) but I did see a thread a couple months back saying it might help. But, if its already hot to the touch don't risk your entire mobo for a few extra mhz.

It's a real trade off, i mean for the amount of overclocking you can get out of it....personally i don't feel it's worth the risk...unless you have a watercooling setup....just my 2c ;)

I would like to see some solid data on this as well. To me chipset voltage means the IO channel chipset only (HT buss and chipset but not the ram controller). If that assumption is correct, then if you wanted to get more out of a XFire or SLI system by raising the HT to 1200 then you would raise chipset voltage. ( This would still not OC the PCI-E if locked).
Being that as it is then wanting more out of ram you would need to deal only with dimm voltage and drive strength ( on boards that support it).

OK, thanks guys, I think that for heat=safety I'll not bother with the chipset.
It's too bad that the nForce 570 runs so hot and that Asus really should
have tried a better solution to this issue.

Back