• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Phase 1 Complete, Phase 2 - 4GB Ram

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hooflung

Hello,

Last time I posted in this forum was the day I ordered the e4300, DS3 and 2g of G.skil GBPK.

I set out to do a stock HSF and Volts OC to a moddest 2.7ghz and Its been running rock solid about a month. Well, I am going to go ahead and install my MSDN copy of Vista Ultimate and was wanting to upgrade to 4gig while I can still buy the memory to match.

Will adding two more sticks affect my OC at all in a negative way? Do you ever have to bump the voltage up a bit? Right now everything runs perfect but before I dump the hog known as Vista on it I'd like to know that it will run ok with current settings.

-Thanks in Advance

I have Vista Ultimate comes with the 64 bit edition and yes I will be running Vista64.

You may have to up the voltage a bit but, then again you may not.

If I was you I'd go for it - I don't think you'll have any problems.

Ordered it. Guess we'll give it a go. I guess if bumping up some voltage is probably the worst case scenario then thats fine.

well you might lose some FSB but your not oced that high so i dought it. worst case to get the system stable your going to either have to bump the MCH or DDR2 voltage or both.

Back