• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

looking for heatsink/fan

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
OMG? A member with as many stars as me cant decide on a fan? Whats the world coming to? Well, Im looking for a heatsink/fan combo that looks like a jet engine or maybe the blower/supercharger that comes out of the hood of old muscle cars. There is this from our very own overclockers.com, but as it says its only for socket A and 370 cpus, and Im looking for one that will work with a C2D mobile (T5500 Merom core to be exact). Noise is not a problem (well, ok it is. Too quiet=not good, I want my neighbors to complain when it hits full speed.) Efficiency isnt important since I haven't seen a mobile cpu you can OC yet, so it would probably stay at stock speed.

Ok...Since it looks like Im not getting many hits, just anything that would fit on this motherboard, looks nice and can shatter windows at close to full rpm. Still only has to be effective enough to keep the T5500 at less then 60c at stock speeds.

Well if you really try. You can mod some mounts for most heatsinks. Unless it was made for a small core, even then. It can still be done if you really want it on there.

There was another cooler that looked kind of like the Coolermaster thingy. It was made by Thermaltake, called the Beetle.
http://www.rbmods.com/Articles/Thermaltake/Beetle/1.php

It supports CPUs closer to what your using. So the mods for mounting probally will be easier.

Enablingwolf said:
Well if you really try. You can mod some mounts for most heatsinks. Unless it was made for a small core, even then. It can still be done if you really want it on there.

There was another cooler that looked kind of like the Coolermaster thingy. It was made by Thermaltake, called the Beetle.
http://www.rbmods.com/Articles/Thermaltake/Beetle/1.php

It supports CPUs closer to what your using. So the mods for mounting probally will be easier.
Ha.HAHAHA. LOL. Thats the first heatsink that actually made me laugh. ILL TAKE IT. Of course I may end up taking those funky plastic "wings" off the top if it isnt much trouble and they aren't necessary for funneling the air. And Ill mod it if I have too, done it before when I wanted to stick a socket A heatsink on my friends 1.8ghz P4. Is there nothing a power drill and zip ties CANT do?

Dremel them wings up a bit. Drop a |<00! sticker or two. There ya go. Decals can probally work with your idea even.

Enablingwolf said:
Dremel them wings up a bit. Drop a |<00! sticker or two. There ya go. Decals can probally work with your idea even.
Ya, since Im going to use it in this project Im soon-to-be working on (link in sig) so I might put some super mario stickers on it.

There is a universal adapter available that allows you to use a Socket A cpu on newer (LGA775) motherboards, but I haven't been able to find one lately.

This one linked below is to allow you to use a S478 cooler on an LGA775 or AMD A64s. Perhaps you can find the cooler that you are looking for in S478 design and then use this adapter.

Here's one retailer
http://www.shoppts.com/scsunrekit.html

That Beetle cooler supports all the same sockets that adapter gives. Plus since it is plastic on the wing thingy. With a bit of cratfiness. It can be modded a bit with some creative touches.

*hint* Bondo is great stuff. :thup:

Reefa_Madness said:
There is a universal adapter available that allows you to use a Socket A cpu on newer (LGA775) motherboards, but I haven't been able to find one lately.

This one linked below is to allow you to use a S478 cooler on an LGA775 or AMD A64s. Perhaps you can find the cooler that you are looking for in S478 design and then use this adapter.

Here's one retailer
http://www.shoppts.com/scsunrekit.html
Ok, thanks for the link.

And Enablingwolf, looks like the project name 1UP is in the lead. Painting it green with white spots may come in handy :) .

Back