• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg - Paypal?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rozal

Banned
We apologize that we are not able to authorize payment for your order now.
Is the message I got when I tried to make my order with paypal...

Anyone else had these troubles?

There was a time when Newegg accepted PayPal, and then they stopped accepting it. I'm not sure why they stopped accepting it, but I do remember that they were supposed to begin accepting it again at some point, though I'm not sure when that is going to be. PayPal isn't listed under their accepted payment methods, though, and their chat service is apparently unavailable right now (edit: just realized that's because it's Saturday), so you may want to call them to ask about this (not on the weekend).

Phone info for Newegg:

Mon - Fri: 8:00am - 5:00pm PST

Toll Free: (800) 390-1119
Local: (909) 395-9046

Last edited:
Newegg seriously banned Paypal payments? Well I guess that's not too bad, I do have debit cards, but I have always used Paypal on their site. When did this take effect anyway?

I'm not sure when it happened, and I'm not even sure if they accept it now or not. I'm just saying that there was a time when they stopped accepting it, and that could still be the case right now.

I tried buying something on NewEgg with PayPal yesterday and I also got an error. I don't think it was the same one though. I have a debit card on my PayPal account and during the checkout process an "add card" screen popped up (from PayPal?). There wasn't any "skip" button or anything like that, just "save card" (or something close to that). So I tried filling out the information again but it didn't let me. Dunno what's the problem, but it could be related.

they still accept paypal, but their new system is FUBAR'd...i have been having trouble with it lately...

smokie mcpott said:
they still accept paypal, but their new system is FUBAR'd...i have been having trouble with it lately...

It was fubar'd a long time ago for me..

but I just don't use paypal if I can avoid it now :beer:

I tried it once to see how well it worked, and it bombed. I use debit for now on! :sn:

also, i dont like the new layout. the old one was better, because it showed right off what the new deals were. i think they redid the layout to better suit new customers

C0oLl2iCef0o said:
also, i dont like the new layout. the old one was better, because it showed right off what the new deals were. i think they redid the layout to better suit new customers
Capture044.png

Layout banner covers up the drop down selection most of the time too :-/

dippy_skoodlez said:
Capture044.png

Layout banner covers up the drop down selection most of the time too :-/

i have not had that happen to me yet but ill keep an eye out if it does

and i dont see why newegg wouldnt allow it (the use of paypal)

EmAn said:
i have not had that happen to me yet but ill keep an eye out if it does

and i dont see why newegg wouldnt allow it (the use of paypal)

They do allow paypal :p

I actually just used it to order a camera.

My debit card wouldn't process, but paypal worked fine for once. :attn:

Hopefully kinks are being worked out.

(and they fix that damned banner problem in firefox ! )

Back