• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quad Core MB w/ True Dual PCIe x16

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Karnal

Im looking for a quad core MB that will allow me to run 2 8800GTX at 16x each anyone have any recomendations. I was also wondering if there is a noticable difference between SLI cards running 16x/8x versus paired card running 16x/16x. Thanks for the help.

projectrps13 said:
X38 chipset only does crossfire. The 680i chipset will do dual 16x sli nvidia cards.
we keep beating a dead horse on this topic. NV is blocking intel chipsets from doing SLI. there is nothing on any board stoping CF or SLI, its all driver level. NV is rumored to allow SLI on intel chipsets with some future driver release. like i said RUMORED TO, if you want sli your only option is 680I

Its the ABIT IP35 Pro LGA, and yeah its not a 680i but I just bought 1 8800GTX so I dont really need SLI at the moment.

Back