• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

M2N-E wont even let me finish winxp pro setup :(

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

j-roc

Anybody else have this problem? i just built a new system

AMD Athlon 64x2 5600+
Asus m2n-E mobo
2x1GB Mushkin em2 6400 ddr2 800 1.8v
Asus EAX1950pro
WD 160 gb sata hd

If i put the winxp pro install disc it takes me to setup but then it hangs at random points during all the loading of the drivers and such....

anybody know how to reduce speed of ram on this mobo?
Thx in advance

sup, I have the M2NE-SLI, pretty sure its the same options.

To change ram settings go to Bios
Go to Advanced tab, then CPU configuration.
Then DRAM COnfiguration.
Memory Clock Frequency then can be changed to DDR2800, 667, 533 or 400.

Hope that helps.

Just a shot in the dark here, but if this is a fresh install in a brand new system and you have a SATA harddrive, the harddrive must be first bootable in your BIOS configuration. See if that helps.

Ironically, I just booted this board today. Do you have two drives? Have you set the right drive priority in BIOS?

How long did you leave it sit while trying to install windows?

j-roc said:
Anybody else have this problem? i just built a new system

AMD Athlon 64x2 5600+
Asus m2n-E mobo
2x1GB Mushkin em2 6400 ddr2 800 1.8v
Asus EAX1950pro
WD 160 gb sata hd

If i put the winxp pro install disc it takes me to setup but then it hangs at random points during all the loading of the drivers and such....

anybody know how to reduce speed of ram on this mobo?
Thx in advance

See if the optical drive is set to CS (Cable select). I had this problem and once i set the optical drive as master on it's own channel, the problem vanished. Also be sure the optical drive is clean of dust and the CD clean as well. If the disk has fingerprints the laser will have a hard time trying to read it.

Back