• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AM2 6000+ Stepping?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WonderingSoul

Team 32 Folding Member
I just got my AM2 6000 and the stepping is:

CCB8F 0719SPMW

Anyone know anything of this stepping? Can I hit anything higher with it? possibly 3.2-3.5GHz??

I won't be able to test until next week sometime. As I have to pull the whole rig out of this case and into a new one and all the new stuff into this case.

Old bump. Now that there are more 6000+s around anyone have any results with this one?

No money for a heatsink :(

cool air + open window is free :beer:

something tell me that a mid/high end HSF should be one of the more important things when building a system to overclock...
:beer:

BTW forget the open window set it outside overnight if your looking for a nice SS session. lol

something tell me that a mid/high end HSF should be one of the more important things when building a system to overclock...
:beer:

I have my ACF64P which is nice for me. My load temps are around 45c and I can't see a 200MHz increase warranting a huge difference in temps.

sounds good to me.

I would just keep vcore @ stock and then once you max out stock vcore bump it till safe or 50c> loaded and see what you can bring.

sounds good to me.

I would just keep vcore @ stock and then once you max out stock vcore bump it till safe or 50c> loaded and see what you can bring.

I really just want to OC it until my RAM is back at speced 800. How would I do this?

Normally to figure out what you can clock system 1 at is...

I drop the ram as low as possible and set the chip to as high of muilti that I can use. Then max the cpu. for your setup I would guess there is a dram/cpu ratio setting somewhere this need to be low as possible. 2:3, 5:4, but not 1:1 or 50% not 100% of cpu. Then once you have found your max mhz for the cpu you have a idea of where you need your ram and muilt to be set for best performance.

Also you may or may not be able to hit as high of an oc with ram and board running low. Once you put everything in sync instead of async you might have to run a lower cpu clock speed then what you could get with dram lowered...

Normally to figure out what you can clock system 1 at is...

I drop the ram as low as possible and set the chip to as high of muilti that I can use. Then max the cpu. for your setup I would guess there is a dram/cpu ratio setting somewhere this need to be low as possible. 2:3, 5:4, but not 1:1 or 50% not 100% of cpu. Then once you have found your max mhz for the cpu you have a idea of where you need your ram and muilt to be set for best performance.

Also you may or may not be able to hit as high of an oc with ram and board running low. Once you put everything in sync instead of async you might have to run a lower cpu clock speed then what you could get with dram lowered...

Well the 6000+ runs such a high multiplier (15) the ram only runs at DDR2-750. I was just curious if putting a higher OC will put my ram back to DDR2 800 as specified.

you should be able to set the memory to 800 with chip at stock speeds...

There should be a advanced chipset features or something.

you should be able to set the memory to 800 with chip at stock speeds...

There should be a advanced chipset features or something.

I am pretty sure you cannot since the mutliplier is so high. I really want to play with it, just not all the time in the world ya know?

Back