• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

another "what mobo is good thread"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
As I said in a thread in the general mobo section, motherboards are probably the computer parts I know least about. Gfx cards keep dieing (this one is probably the third in 4 months), and someone said in a thread a few weeks ago that it might be my mobo (I replaced the psu and that wasn't the problem). So, for $125 or less (preferably from newegg, have a list of things I need to get from them, just to make it a little convienient, but if theres the same board cheaper or a better board for the same price on a different site I guess I can order it from there.) So it just needs the basics. s939, PCIE 16x, DDR400 (most s939 mobos support this dont they?), and SATA1. Onboard gfx might help incase I do somehow kill another gfx card.

OK, since this thread isnt exactly taking off in a hurry, I did a little looking on my own. Does anyone have some experience with this board?

OK then. Since no one wants to offer any feedback, Ill get the board I posted. Got ok reviews.

lol, wow, i have never seen anyone get no help.

That is a good board. And at a good price.

They aren't that common, but i really like Epox. i have had two ,and both have served me really well for a long time.

But i think u made a good choice with the biostar.

dem0lish3r said:
lol, wow, i have never seen anyone get no help.

That is a good board. And at a good price.

They aren't that common, but i really like Epox. i have had two ,and both have served me really well for a long time.

But i think u made a good choice with the biostar.
Ok, so that board it is.

And I think the main reason that the threads been up for 2 days with me the only one posting in it is because most people on here are switching away from s939 to AM2 or whatever socket C2Ds are.

If you run opencase you should look into a techstation to securely hold all your components while holding al your stuff.

Maviryk said:
If you run opencase you should look into a techstation to securely hold all your components while holding al your stuff.
It is secure, standard case just with a side panel off.

Back