• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Should I take CCNA cert ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

||Console||

Im the IS Admin @ the company I work for , but I have no certs @ all . I am 2 credits short of CET (Computer Electronics Tech ) . I know my company would pay for me to take some corses i just have to stay @ least a year after my corse, and that is fine because I plan on staying a few years ( since i dont have the certs I @ least want some exp) . Just wondering if you guys think it is worth it .

I have never have been that fond of school , so do you think the cert will help later on ?

CCNA certifications don't hurt. They are a prerequisite for filtering out resumes for some companies (e.g. "don't apply unless you have one"). They are also a requirement for more advanced Cisco certifications which can definitely help you get more money down the road.

If you have the time and are going to be putting yourself on the market in the next few years, it's worth considering. Just make sure you keep it current.

Back