• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Why is my Mobile Sempron 3300+ running so slowly in CPU-Z

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nealoc187

Registered
When I say running slowly, I don't mean that I'm noticing any real world performance decrease. I just happened to accidentally start CPU-Z and then noticed it says my Mobile Sempron 3300+ in my laptop shows to only be running at 800mhz... it's supposed to be running at 2.0ghz. I've never been into the bios of this thing and as such the multiplier should not be changed from default, but apparently it is. Some months ago when I first got CPU-Z I ran it on this machine and it was running at 2000mhz like it should have been.

CPU_edited.jpg

Yes it does that deliberately!
1) saving you energy and the environment
2) prolonging the life of the chip
3) it will speed up instantly when you want to do something more CPU intensive
4) saving you money on your electricity bill
5) Increased battery life
6) Runs cooler --> Less fan usage --> Less energy produced.

If you are hating it...you can always disable it in the BIOS although I suggest not because it won't do any harm being on. Only advantages.

Goodluck!

Oh cool, that explains why it didn't seem to be running any slower when opening applications and what not. Thanks.

Nealoc187 said:
Oh cool, that explains why it didn't seem to be running any slower when opening applications and what not. Thanks.

Yes you won't even notice it. I can't remember the exact figure but it can change it's clock speeds a load of times per second.

Back