• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Opinions on BenQ

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The monitors I have seen from BenQ are fine, but I have had an absolutely terrible experience with their customer support(or lack there of). I bought a monitor, about 6 months later it developed red lines running vertically in the screen. I took a picture with my camera and emailed it to the tech support at their request, the lines were clearly visible, and the rep said he couldn't see anything wrong. Long story short, after arguing with him for a LONG time, he finally gave me an RMA# and instructions, and said Fedex would pick it up the following day, to which they never did, I called back, and they said fedex wouldn't pick in my area(ya, no attempt to call me and tell me this), so I had to drive the package about 60 miles to the fedex depot or mail it at my own expense. Finally drove out there and shipped it off, waited 3 weeks, still nothing back, called them up and they said they don't see anything wrong with it and said it was going to be shipped back as is. So I waited a week, still not back yet, called again, they said they hadn't shipped it yet, but would right away, the next day a beat up old station wagon pulled in my drive way and the woman in the passenger seat got out and put a box on my door step and they took off.... it was the monitor...not fixed, I gave up.

I'm sure it can't all be that bad, but I will never buy another BenQ product again.

Edit: so if you buy a BenQ product, buy an extended warranty from the retailer, with this company it will really be worth it.

BenQ is AWESOME. Their monitor is THE best that I've ever owned (and I've owned dozens) Never had a need for their tech support. I would imagine no one there would speak english. But they do make quality products, they've been around for years, and they'll be around for years more.

Back