• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Contra

i have the DFI in my sig i am running two gog of DDR ram

but the board says it can handle 4 gig

i tried to put in two 1 gig sticks (and 2 512) but it wont even post

anyone else have this problem?

definately seated correctly? i had a prob with my old motherboard and kingston ram, where the single slit in the kingston was just to thin to be seated. god my thumbs hurt after putting some force to get it in.
my 1st attempt just gave me post beeps.
4th attempt got me to boot but with sore thumbs lol

try each stick one at a time to see if they're all working, and just try different combinations of them. If one of those three sticks is faulty, it may be why you cant POST

well it works in my other computer

but they are cheap sticks

i guess
that is why

my other board is a cheap $29 MSI

on my motherboard they say their new bios fixes memory addressing issues. i know i have different motherboard but how about going back to your old stable config and then updating the bios and trying again?

have you read anything regarding memory and bios settings? there are stickies here, DIY street, Extremesys, Global DFI, all will help in your endeavor...

change the command rate to 2t at the bare minimum, and you may have to bump the Vdimm. and there are numerous secondary timings that can be tweaked to get the four sticks possibly working stable.

also, running with four sticks in a DFI NF4(other than the Expert or Venus versions)is hit and miss for sure, especially if you clock the sucka....

and finally, don't believe everything you read in the manual, at best it is misinforming users in several areas..........

laterzzzz...

Back