• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AW9D-MAX & E6600 & TG Xtreem D9 PC2-5300

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PsySc0rpi0n

Registered
Hi all.

I have this components in my PC. When i try to OC it, i cant go over 425Mhz on FSB and when i try to find the max for memory i cant reach DDR2-1000Mhz.

Is this normal with 975x???:-/
I thought i could go further with my memories and with intel 975x chipset.

Can anyone help me?????

975 aren't the best overclockers, Your clocks are stilly pretty good for air though.

And your powersupply might be causing a jiggup.

JamesXP said:
975 aren't the best overclockers, Your clocks are stilly pretty good for air though.

And your powersupply might be causing a jiggup.

Why you say that??? My PSU has 4 12v rail with 18A in each rail. Isnt this good enough???

I've never heard of that make, It's probably low qualiity where did you get it and how much was it.

With 99% of all AW9D Max motherboards the max stable fsb is around 400 give ot take a bit, with a bit of luck you can bench up to 415 to 430 after that you'll only get screenshot.

As for ram, again max stable is around 485MHz (970), doesnt matter what ram it is.

Even with the above, still the best board I have ever had.

JamesXP said:
I've never heard of that make, It's probably low qualiity where did you get it and how much was it.

Well, i'm from portugal and this LC Power maker is a recognized maker here in portugal. it cost me about 120€.

Deanzo said:
With 99% of all AW9D Max motherboards the max stable fsb is around 400 give ot take a bit, with a bit of luck you can bench up to 415 to 430 after that you'll only get screenshot.

As for ram, again max stable is around 485MHz (970), doesnt matter what ram it is.

Even with the above, still the best board I have ever had.

Well, probably you're right. however this is limited by 975 chipset, am i correct???
I've seen some people booting a 680sli chipset based motherboard with this same memory kit till ddr2-1300.

You can see it here

Well w'ill try today go back to an older version of bios. I think the latest BIOS release from abit official website is not so good for OC than the previous one.

I managed to verify in cpu-z database 442.22Mhz on FSB with previous version of BIOS. Now i cant go over 425Mhz.

CPU-Z Validation

Last edited:
Deanzo said:
With an E6600 I did my 4GHz screenshot with bios 13A11, but the best over all bios imo is 15

Yes, i think is that bios release i'm talking about. Bios ID:13 from Abit website.
With this one i managed to reach 442.2Mhz FSB but with the latest bios release i cant go over 425Mhz.

And i have now the vMCH Drop Mod in my board. So i think i should get some more out of this 975 chipset, or not!!!!! :argue:

Back