• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

6x50 (in stock) at Mwave

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Just ordered my E6750 from Mwave....I thought this day would never come...been waiting months for this upgrade. Will post benchmarks when it arrives. Woohoo!

I wonder if there will be a big sale on Q6600s a bit later. Who would buy them at $250 when you can get the newer Q6x50s for great prices. :p

getting the 6850 soon, but i lost my USB flash drive so i can't update my p5wdh-DLX to 2205 as all my HD's are NTFS format (EZ 2 Flash doesn't support NTFS for whatever reason) -_-

It is a shame that Newegg hasn't put them up for sale yet. I was holding off buying until the new chips came out too. Since Mwave is selling them at launch and Newegg is not, I had no choice but to help Mwave go out of stock alittle bit faster.

joesaiditstrue said:
getting the 6850 soon, but i lost my USB flash drive so i can't update my p5wdh-DLX to 2205 as all my HD's are NTFS format (EZ 2 Flash doesn't support NTFS for whatever reason) -_-
I usually just D/L the new BIOS to my desktop, extract it, then use the "Asus Update" utility (WinXPro environment). All machines here are on a UPS, but even before I had UPS's I used AsusUpdate (live internet mode - no d/l first, too!), and never had an issue. I've upgraded BIOS's using AsusUpdate at least several dozen times...even upgrade and rertrograde, and never had an issue.

It's a nifty little utility.

~ Strat ~

Kurisu2019 said:
It is a shame that Newegg hasn't put them up for sale yet. I was holding off buying until the new chips came out too. Since Mwave is selling them at launch and Newegg is not, I had no choice but to help Mwave go out of stock alittle bit faster.

I feel the same way. I was going to wait on newegg...but I've been waiting too long to make this purchase...who's to say newegg would be cheaper anyways...they should have had the chips up for sale by now. I would have gladly ordered from newegg over Mwave...but I guess they miss out this time.

I would like to wait for Newegg also (for a 6750), since their shipping is both faster and cheaper (3 day for $5.84 vs. 4-5 day for $9.85). If they don't appear on the egg by this evening I think I'll just go with mwave.

Back