• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte "Supported Memory" on GA-P35-DS3R?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

traldan

I'm thinking of getting a GA-P35-DS3R with my new Q6600. Week or two ago I got the Crucial Ballistix PC2-8000 RAM from Mwave. I don't think this RAM is on Gigabyte's "Supported Memory List", but I don't *think* that should make a difference. Any reason why I wouldn't be able to use this RAM with that board?

traldan said:
I'm thinking of getting a GA-P35-DS3R with my new Q6600. Week or two ago I got the Crucial Ballistix PC2-8000 RAM from Mwave. I don't think this RAM is on Gigabyte's "Supported Memory List", but I don't *think* that should make a difference. Any reason why I wouldn't be able to use this RAM with that board?
I wouldnt worry too much about it, I dont see absolutely any reason why it should not work. I have the same board and 4x1GB of OCZ Platinum XTC rev2 which is not listed there either and it works like a charm.

GTengineer said:
I wouldnt worry too much about it, I dont see absolutely any reason why it should not work. I have the same board and 4x1GB of OCZ Platinum XTC rev2 which is not listed there either and it works like a charm.

That's what I figured, but decided I'd make sure there's nothing funky going on. :)

Back