• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tabula Rasa beta

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fl0w

Anyone in the TR beta? What are your thoughts on it?

From the stuff I've been reading about it, I think this is the game thats gonna finally pull me away from WoW.

CGR said:
huh... looks like a cross between SWG and AO.

It does have some true FPS aspects. Some weapons will have lock on targeting, but some (like the shotgun) won't. While hit or miss is still calculated with dice rolls, taking into account your stats, like most mmorpgs, factors such as cover and distance are rolled into the formulas.
Also, a huge difference is that NPC mobs actually have a bit of AI. They won't just stand there and exchange shots, and flee when necessary. They will take cover, use their numbers (flanking, cover fire, etc.) and other stuff that will bring it closer to a FPS experience then AO or SWG, which just took the same MMORPG formula and added sci-fi and guns to it.

I've yet to play it, im getting this info from hands-on previews of the beta on a bunch of websites. I might be getting my hands on a beta key tonight though, I will make sure to post my opinions

Friend wrote me a review after he got into the beta:

"Game is ok at best.... Its like MMO meets FPS.... When you firs enter the game you say wow, this is awesome then when you get deeper past the tutorial you realize its just a forced quest game with no PvP. The games combat system would be so pimp with PvP but the storyline wouldnt really allow. I wont be buying this one."

Last edited:
I'm more into PvE anyway when it comes to MMO's. You have a copy of his review that you can share? I want more info while I wait for my key :D

The last paragraph was the review, I should have puts quotes around it :)

Wasn't a professional review, just something I IM'ed him about. If you're already in the beta though I see no reason to try it out though.

I'm not yet. Possibly getting a key from a friend who has one who's not very excited about it and is willing to give it up. I am definitely going to try it if I get the key, I'm just bored at work and looking stuff up about it :D

Mr. Gariott is the lead in this game, and if you do not know who he is, well then read up on who made MMO what it is today. He is the one responsible for Ultima Online Pre Pub 16, which is considered one of the best games perhaps ever.

I was waiting for this one but.. meh..

i'm waiting for Pirates of the Burning Sea and Age of Conan now.

Love the concept, disapointed no pvp. If it doesnt turn out to be a time sink I'll still try it out.

Back