• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Penryn, Neha series processors

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chino323

Registered
Ok, I'm new here and new to computers so bear with me. The penryn processors are going to be released in dec/jan? If so when will we see the neha series? Will these continue to be the 775 socket? Also if I am upgrading now, should I wait till the penryn release, or buy a qx6600 now and wait for the neha series? I am going to wait for the x38 chipset which is supposed to be q3 2007 release, but who knows at this rate. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Nehalim will be a new socket. If you're upgrading now you can't buy a penryn that won't be out for months. I personally would get a P5K-deluxe and a Q6600 GO with some good ram and upgrade to a second generation penryn when they come out. I don't know everything though, just my best idea based on what I've read.

Back