• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How many of you purhased PS3 after price drop?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kiltz

As i speculated, ps3s are now being sold used on craigs for $400~ for the 60gig. now who wouldnt want a ps3 60gig for $400!

-soon to be proud owner of 60gig ps3!! hell f'in yeah!!!

I bought one actually got it last friday. I really like Resistance fall of man,the darkness and right now I'm playing Motorstorm. I like it much better than my 360. I'm sending the 360 out for repair I think I'll put it out in my shop for the kids and their friends to use.

Some of us were stupid enough to buy it at $600 and are still waiting for a killer game to come out on it that we don't already own on our 360.

Doubt the wait will be over anytime soon.

MAN, i have the choice of getting a JPN 60gig ps3 for $350 or a US ps3 60gig for $400. only thing bad about the JPN is the region block for blue-ray movies....

the wait for a killer game will be over in october. GTA 4 anyone?

Then final fantasy next year and MSG 4 next year.

o yea!

its rare for a console game to have more than a few killer titles at any given time.

i mean seriously your only gonna play 1-2 games for a few months anyway then move on to another. so you dont need 10 killer games at once which is basically impossible to do

WOO HOO proud owner of a US 60gig ps3, first game i rented Resistance. it was either going to be that or the darkness. and whats up with all these FPS games. :( freaking game rentals are $8! for $8 a pop you might as well join gamefly.

Zatrix said:
the wait for a killer game will be over in october. GTA 4 anyone?

Then final fantasy next year and MSG 4 next year.

o yea!

its rare for a console game to have more than a few killer titles at any given time.

i mean seriously your only gonna play 1-2 games for a few months anyway then move on to another. so you dont need 10 killer games at once which is basically impossible to do

I'll be getting GTA on the Xbox so I have to option of getting the extra content (not sure if I'll buy it, but having the option will be nice), but I'm sure something will come along sooner or later whether its MGS or a new IP like one of those shown at E3. There are some good looking games in the future and games already out like Oblivion are killer if you don't have them. I was just expecting to get a little usage out of the it before the first price drop and that didn't happen.

kiltz said:
WOO HOO proud owner of a US 60gig ps3, first game i rented Resistance. it was either going to be that or the darkness. and whats up with all these FPS games. :( freaking game rentals are $8! for $8 a pop you might as well join gamefly.

yep lol i was going to recommend it!
gamefly ftw

With the price break I am right on the edge, Blue ray, Folding, Browsing....oh and Hi def gaming as well. Just setting up a new flat screen when thats done...

Already ordered the Hdmi cables and have the cat5 ready.;)

Yea, I'm finding combos on anandtech/craigslist where it's PS3, 10 Games, and 2 controllers for ~$525 shipped. Oh, what was that about PS3 being worth $600? Oh, Sony was delusional

kiltz said:
MAN, i have the choice of getting a JPN 60gig ps3 for $350 or a US ps3 60gig for $400. only thing bad about the JPN is the region block for blue-ray movies....

Ahem... As an owner of a Japanese 20Gb that was bought for $660 in my own money let me clarify...

Japan and America are in the same Region block, I rented Kingdom of Heaven and it plays fine.

THINGS IT WILL NOT DO:

1) Play US PS2 games
2) Play US DVD's
3) Connect to US servers to play online (It will connect to Japanese Servers, although amazingly even in a 40 player online Resistance match there is no lag)

So there you go...

All the piece of crap does is fold for me. I'd get a 360, but I would mod it and I think it would die on me.

i have the option of purchasing a 360 for $200... i already own a ps3 should i opt for a 360 also? the seller doesnt have the receipt so i dont know if i could send it to MS if it RRoD on me.

Back