• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help choosing a Gigabyte P35

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

woca

I was looking through the all Gigabytes P35 mobos and the few differences seemed to be whether it supported ddr3,ddr2, or both or if it was crossfire capable.

I want to know how important DDR3 will be and if it would be worth investing in a mobo that can incorporate it.

I doubt im gonna use crossfire being im getting an 8800GTX lol so it really comes down to what memory support is best.

any help would be great

GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3R

GIGABYTE GA-P35-DQ6 - was gonna get this but most likely not anymore

Last edited:
I'd just stick with a DDR2 capable one. By the time prices come down to a reasonable amount, you'll want a new mb and proc...:beer:

I agree... I was looking at the same idea, except remembered some of the older boards that used to have PC133 and DDR slots... They were neither one thing nor the other, and ended up not overclocking with either particularly well.

I've almost convinced myself to grab an Asus P5KE board now though. Saving myself around 40% of what the P5K-Deluxe would be. Go figure.

stick with the ds3r, its a good mobo for overclocking and all. you don't need the ddr3 support yet. and as thideras said, by the time the y come out, you will prob get a new mobo anyways :D

the GIGABYTE GA-P35-DQ6 is overpriced, considering what the DS3R motherboards cost. sure, you get extra features and more accessories, but nothing you can't live without. unless you absolutely need ddr3 support (which is a long ways away), go for the p35-ds3r. the ds3p has 2 PCIe x16 slots, but you wont be running crossfire anyway. it DOES have firewire ports though

Is there much difference between the ds3r & the DQ6 ?

I'm still thinking P5KE, but could be convinced other ways... I need eSata btw

fritzman said:
Is there much difference between the ds3r & the DQ6 ?

I'm still thinking P5KE, but could be convinced other ways... I need eSata btw
ds3r has one more PCI slot than the dq6, but the dq6 has firewire ports and an extra PCIe x16 slot for running a crossfire setup. both boards have eSata, since they both include a breakout plate (SATA to external SATA) that goes into one of the expansion slots in the back of your case

Back