• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

*Advanced* Boot Problems :(

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jcw122

Hey everyone,

I've been having a hell of a time getting my computer working again.

First it was giving me RAM errors, so I tried different things with the RAM, no success. So I just ended up buying a new motherboard.

This FIXED the RAM errors.

Now, it boots into BIOS and the initial screen perfectly. I even reset the BIOS. But when I get to the Windows screens it locks up on me. Like I'll get to the boot selection screen (Safe Mode, Normal, etc), but if I press "Enter" it freezes up. SO I tried putting the Windows HDD into another computer. Boots perfectly.

So now I'm a bit stuck, how can I make it boot on my computer? I've never experienced or heard of anything like this before and I have no clue as to what component could cause something like this.

I'll also add that when the HDD was booted in a different computer, the HDD was being powered from my computer, so I know it is not my PSU.

No.

As a note, the new and old mobos are the same (both DFI nF3's)

OK now it won't give me any video!!! Gahhh!

Maybe it's the video card...this blows lol

Back