• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone done better with a 5600+?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dealmaster

Right now my 5600+ is running at 3237 (249x13) and I was hoping to increase that multiplier to 14 (and possibly lower the HTT if I need to) to get it in the 3.3-3.4GHz range. I'm running at 1.5V and I idle at 29-33 and load at 45-48.

Has anyone had any luck pushing a 5600+ into that clock range? What were your voltages and other settings? Also, how hard can I push the voltage on this chip so it'll still last for a while (maybe 5 years). I want the best OC I can get, but I don't want to roast the chip with excessive voltage.

Kuroimaho said:
I can't get it stable at 3.3 either.

These cpus push the limit of AMD'S 90nm process there isn't much left in them.
Announced today 6400X2 3.2G! Sounds like 3.2G is about the ceiling for a 90nm proc running in the 40C temp range. Chilling one might yield 3.4-3.5.

I know, that made me wonder if those could fulfill my 3.5G dream, well the first reviews might tell, maybe it's a new stepping. :p

A K10 K8 clock for clock comparison would really help to decide.

AlabamaCajun said:
Announced today 6400X2 3.2G! Sounds like 3.2G is about the ceiling for a 90nm proc running in the 40C temp range. Chilling one might yield 3.4-3.5.
That may be my problem. Even with my cooler and case airflow, at 100% load now, the cpu hits 45-48C. That's not hot at all, but maybe for this cpu already being near the edge of the envelope for this process, it's just too much for it to deal with. I'm gonna try upping the chipset voltage and see how it likes it. Do any of you guys know how the M2N-SLI reacts to more voltage?

Back