• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need ti set up admin account?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mrgreenjeans

Need to set up admin account?

My friend's accountant for some reason turned off password access to the administrator's account, duh?! Is there a back door log in for administrator. I still have the passwords and user, but I can't change the User accounts unless logged in as administrator and the User account set up as admin no longer prompts for a log in. It might've been turned off as Administrator. I won't know unless I can get in.

It's XP home, real base box, email and internet scabbed from leftovers, except the OS, I made her purchase, so it's legit.

I thought I had this issue before and I hit some key at windows boot screen and would prompt for admin log in.
I went over to set a up wireless router for her and found I couldn't install the software. Heck, t wouldn't let me upgrade FireFox! Geez!
Any ideas?

Last edited:
Omsion said:
Or have no other accounts. Bad idea, of course.

Sorry, don't comprehend. Booting into safe mode I can handle. Will the old admin user name and password still work? Or is it a try and see kinda thing?

Thanks for the response guys.

At the Safe Mode login prompt, type administrator for the username (or login with another account that has Administrator permissions)... the password for the admin account is blank by default.

Back