• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Guitar Hero Encore Rocks the 80's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mr. Roboto

So who bought this today? I picked it up this afternoon, and beat all the songs up to the last one on expert in a few hours. I can not, for the life of me, beat the last song! (Play with me) I get up to 92% every time and tank.

SO, anyone else get it today? Comments? Thoughts? Personally, I think the songs are all decent 80's songs, they're just boring to play. I don't get the same feeling as when I crank my stereo and play bark at the moon or something.

And before all the haters come in saying "Play a real guitar", I do.

TaterTot said:
How do u get custom songs on Guitar Hero 2

I don't know, never bothered doing it, but I would imagine with a mod chop and some hacking, which I believe we are not allowed to discuss.

TaterTot said:
why cant we discuss it?:eh?:

Actions which violate a game's/company's TOS are taboo in these forums. Mentioning such things in the proper context, such as Mr.Roboto telling you that it would require hacks to get custom songs is fine. However, telling you how to go about performing the hacks, or leading you to the 'how to' info violates the rules of the forum. I don't remember which section of the rules that would be in, but I'ld suggest reading through them all, and making sure you understand what is and isn't allowed. We're all pretty easy going around here, but there are things that can get your posting privileges taken away quite quickly if you cross the line. That's one of the things that keep these forums clean, friendly and a big step above the rest of the forums out there. [/end friendly lecture hijack]

However, if you know the right people to talk to, information may or may not be given in PMs as they are private and unreadable by others (except the iNet team and admins, maybe). There are many people knowledgable in the forum's "gray-area" of discussable subjects.

But don't be stupid about it. Illegal or not, it's not allowed on these forums.

thideras said:
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=115345 if you want to read them, I'd recommend it.

And very nice OP...I tried it and couldn't get it down...meh...:bday:

heh, thanks, my roommates and I have been playing since GHI came out, so we're all [pretty good now. you would e surprised how many people in college play.

I will not be satisfied until I can beat the last damn song though

i played the game today at frys and most of the songs i dont really like except Holy Diver. played that like 5 times lol

kiltz said:
i played the game today at frys and most of the songs i dont really like except Holy Diver. played that like 5 times lol

Yeah, holy diver is one of my favorites also since it's one of the heaviest songs in there. That, and lonely is the night. Heavy is being used as a very relative term here heh.

Mr. Roboto said:
you would e surprised how many people in college play.

I'll second that. We used to have it constantly hooked up to the big screen TV in the hallway and there were ALWAYS people on it.

plannin' on getting it today. Trading in my gamecube (for what, $5?), and a handful of PS2 games towards GH:80's.

As for complaining about expert mode on songs... I think the only ones i've never beaten on Expert on either of the first 2 games are Hangar 18, Jordan, and Frankenstein (my fingers goof up on that one every time and I end up missing 3/4 of the notes in the 2nd major solo).

well as far as the grey area goes, yah mods arnt allowed here, although, custom songs for a game you bought, and EXTRA-grey since you arnt stealing anything (as in getting a mod chip to burn your own games) but ya. also though, there are EXTRA songs you can buy off of xb:l if you have the 360 version of gh2. (although i thought it weird that frankenstien was one of them, since it was on gh1.) anyways, if you want your own "custom" songs, it is possible, if you try real hard to look up the info (the internet is a BIG place) although, the songs ppl have made are not for the most part as good a quality as the songs that come with the game. these ppl import songs, then they have to make up the button pushes to go along with them. so some of the sequences seem random and dont make much sence as far as really playing the song on guitar. its alot like all the songs ppl make for ddr (i forget what the computer rip off is called) 95% of them are crap. 3% are half decent 2% are of the same quality you would find in the game. custom guitar hero songs are on about the same quality curve.

TollhouseFrank said:
plannin' on getting it today. Trading in my gamecube (for what, $5?), and a handful of PS2 games towards GH:80's.

As for complaining about expert mode on songs... I think the only ones i've never beaten on Expert on either of the first 2 games are Hangar 18, Jordan, and Frankenstein (my fingers goof up on that one every time and I end up missing 3/4 of the notes in the 2nd major solo).

Jordan is the only song I can't bean on expert between the first 2 GH's. Six gave me a good run for it's money, but I finally beat it.

FYI, best buy has the game for 40 bucks, and you get a 15 dollar gift card. You can't trade your stuff in there, but I thought I'd let you know.

I have given up on the last song for the moment. I am now going back and trying to get 5 starts on all the songs I can heh.

I am waiting until after GH3 comes out so I can get the wireless controller with it, but I guess I have just been assuming that GH2 would work with that. Anyone know if it will work or not?

Aktunka said:
I am waiting until after GH3 comes out so I can get the wireless controller with it, but I guess I have just been assuming that GH2 would work with that. Anyone know if it will work or not?

Which wireless controller/system are you asking about? Are you talking about a wireless guitar yet to come out, or one available now?

Back