• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Philips SPD2413P aka SPD2413BD/17 Issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

koontz946

I had to switch back to an IDE optical drive to allow my HDD configuration to work, but now I find myself without an optical drive at all.

It's the only IDE drive in my case, the jumper's set to Master, I'm using the top plug on the ribbon cable, and while it shows up in the BIOS and Device Manager, it won't install any / the right drivers for it.

The Philips website is useless, all it does is makes me download a simple program that doesn't even show the drive at all, even though I see it in the Device Manager.

I tried updating the firmware since they came out with an updated version, but even when I try to do that it tells me that there is no applicable drive in my system.

I can boot from the drive with a Windows disc in, but I'd really rather not go through that all again when it just seems I need to find the proper drivers for it.

I'm running 64bit non-Vista Windows, is that a possible problem?

Well you say you can see it in the Device Manager, is there an exclamation point next to it as an unknown device or is it under CD/DVD Drives? Microsoft's OS shouldn't need drivers for a PATA device, but if it's one of the Intel chipsets that doesn't natively support IDE anymore, there would then be drivers for the add-in controller from Asus' site I'd think. Have you tried to assign a drive letter to it under Disk Management if it isn't being seen in Windows Explorer?

Does Right click on "My Computer" and click "Manage" and select "Disk Management". And see if the drive shows up. If it does and it just doesn't have a drive letter, you can set one there.

It is not seen in Disk Management at all, so I can't assign it a letter.

I'm checking Asus' website now as I do believe I am using an Intel chipset... but seeing as it shows up in the BIOS and I can boot from it I think it's more an issue to be resolved by Windows or Philips.

Thanks for the suggestions, will check back periodically and post if I find anything new.

Well the BIOS doesn't need drivers to see something hooked up to it ports, Windows may. Either way, according to Asus' site, you have one IDE port on the Intel chipset and one on the JMicron chip. The Intel port shouldn't need drivers in Windows, the JMicron will. Hopefully you're just on the JMicron and can switch over to the Intel one and all will be fixed. Otherwise, drivers for the JMicron controller will need to be installed.

still havent resolved the problem but id been ignoring it for a while...

in Computer Management under DVD/CD-ROM drives i see (!)PHILIPS SPD2413P

the Driver File Details are:
c:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\cdrom.sys
c:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\imapi.sys
c:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\redbook.sys
c:\WINDOWS\system32\storprop.dll

now im not familiar with custom-installing drivers, but im running windows xp x64 and it's an IDE dvd burner (if anyone notices a file missing or an incorrect file there)

i tried doing Properties -> Uninstall then Scan for hardware changes, but it still brings back those files, and if i do Update Driver... and have it scan automatically it says it couldn't find a better match.

i checked the Asus website for possible IDE drivers but they only have RAID drivers for the JMicron controller, which is already working.

in Computer Management under DVD/CD-ROM drives i see (!)PHILIPS SPD2413P

Does the drive appear as youve typed it, with the exclamation point next to it? If so, try bringing up the properties page for the drive and see what the problem is, may be conflicting with another device?

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

is what it says

I had the same mesage the other day, it was being caused by the ide controller conflicting with something else, is it possible to move to another ide controller/channel on that mb? It may also be telling the truth and the filse are actually corrupt, is it possible to boot off the windows cd and do a repair?

there's only 1 non-floppy IDE plug on the MB, so i cant do it that way.

i could boot off the windows CD but seeing as the dvd burner i had before this worked before it crapped out (mechanically i think) i think it's the fact that it's missing the drivers, not that theyre corrupt.

i guess it's worth a shot though

i read on the asus forums that there might be an issue with the 2004 BIOS that im using so i updated to the 2206 ones, still no luck though

Back