• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Volume icon in taskbar

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nd4spdbh2

OK why in the world does it take so dang long for the volume slider to pop up that comes up after you click on the volume icon in the taskbar... this has always ****ed me off!

nd4spdbh2 said:
OK why in the world does it take so dang long for the volume slider to pop up that comes up after you click on the volume icon in the taskbar... this has always ****ed me off!
:confused:

Mine shows up after about a second...

ya mine shows up in abotu 2-3 secs but i think it should just be instant... its the same on every windows xp machine i have ever used. and it pi sses me off.

nd4spdbh2 said:
ya mine shows up in abotu 2-3 secs but i think it should just be instant... its the same on every windows xp machine i have ever used. and it pi sses me off.
Firstly, calm down some. Secondly, How old is the install? What sound card are you using?.. Do you have up to date drivers? Have you defragmented latley? How about clean the registry? All these can play a role in the volume button coming up.

SeasonalEclipse said:
Firstly, calm down some. Secondly, How old is the install? What sound card are you using?.. Do you have up to date drivers? Have you defragmented latley? How about clean the registry? All these can play a role in the volume button coming up.

i dont think its any of thoes to be honest... EVERY xp machine i have EVER used the volume slider comes up slow compared to say context (right click) menues

install is about a month old, i use a audigy 2 value, drivers are upto date, i run perfect disk defrage onnce a week... never cleaned the registry tho... how would i got bouts doing that.

Back