• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good Gaming Laptop for <1500

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Karnal

I have never really been a big laptop fan as far as gaming is concerned but my father is looking for one he can game on. So I come to you all for recomendations. His main concern is gaming and surfing the net and he would like to keep it under 1500 but that isnt a complete hard wall. Thanks in advance.

What kind of games is he looking to play? Is he going to be playing older stuff or does he want to be able to play games like FEAR. Dell 1520 is a decent machine, but I would hardly call it a gaming laptop.

Dell 1520
Sager 2090/Compal IFL90

For that price I think those are the two main ones with the fastest video card in that price range. If you want to go faster then you will be moving to a 17" lcd and there are some with 7950GTX (no DX10) that cost around $1900.

There is also the Asus G1s that looks pretty sweet but costs around $1850. There might be others.

You can pick up the same laptop as in my sig for $1100. It runs any game I have, but not the highest settings.

I'd either go for the 1520, or wait for the 8800M to be released.

Thanks for the recomendations I will have to check them out.

Back