• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wanting to OC my E6600

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shadow_Spyder

So yea, I'm a complete newb, never OCed anything in my life. I hear the E6600 is great for OCing ect and would like to make my CPU a lil faster.

PC is as follows:

Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

MSI P965 Platinum LGA 775 Intel P965 Express ATX Intel Motherboard

ATI Radeon X1950PRO 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 VIVO HDCP Video Card

ENERMAX Liberty ELT500AWT ATX12V 500W Power Supply

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 Conroe 2.4GHz LGA 775 Processor Model E6600 (stock cooling... for now)

CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model TWIN2X2048-6400

Windows XP Pro

I am willing to use the phone to call anyone who could maybe walk me through the process of OCing my CPU. (free long distance) I'd greatly appreciate anyone who can help me. Thanks

:welcome: to the forums

This thread (link below) has a great guide that will get you started, once you've tried a few things come back and we will gladly be of assistance;)

LINK

I want a new cooler, just can't afford anything extra right now... just found out the GF is pregnant and all money is being saved... she'd have my nuts if she found out i'd bought something for the PC... AGAIN lol.

I already bought my E6600 so buying a new E6750 for the same price is not helping me now lol. Thanks for the tips everyone... I am just really afraid of ****ing something up here... i basically spent my entire income tax return on this PC, and if I break it, i will be highly ****ed off. And again, my GF would prolly have my nuts. I heard a lot that the stock cooler works well for small OCing, and the fact that my case has MAJOR cooling in it, I was hoping i'd be able to be even a little more lenient.

You can definitely get some OCing w/ a stock cooler. Read some stickies, and try undervolting and OCing. You can't hurt anything w/ an undervolt. I OCed an e6300 w/ a stock cooler at 3GHz that was undervolted.

Back