• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit IP35 and 8800GTS conflict??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Automata

Destroyer of Empires and Use
I recently had a PSU die, taking the motherboard and video card with it.

Just got the video card back today, pop it in, fires up no problem. I got the drivers installed and restarted. Upon restart, the motherboard just sits there with "90" on the debug display. This is exactly what my last motherboard did before it died...

I have an extra 1600xt sitting here and it posts with that card no problem!!

I think I'm going to drop the 1600 in it and update the BIOS. But if anyone has an idea how to get this thing to boot with the 8800 in it, that would be great! :beer:

Resetting the CMOS does nothing....

Wait till you get the most updated bios.

Make sure the 8800 is Firmly in. if possible run everything caseless, see what that does for you.

could you possibly check the 8800 in another machine?

I would check out evga+ abits FAQ about this board.

And..........there is no BIOS update...wtf...

This is the problem I had with the last motherboard and the last 8800GTS before it died.

imposter said:
Perhaps you got DOA rma.

check it in another machine. IT is time for you to raise hell with evga.
I don't think it is the card, it was JUST working, I was benchmarking etc....

eh, alot of things can happen in that time... And if another graphics card works, its conflicting some how. You got a whole bunch of rigs in there use another motherboard to test it out.

Can do.

EDIT: Yes it works in another computer

Dropped it back in my and it still doesn't work WTF.

Last edited:
errr wow......VERY WEIRD error. very weird....

judging that its a newboard i that is why they dont have new bios...

Err what brand is the motherboard you tested it on? Have you tried taking out certain sticks of memory?

i would put your motherboard into that computer and see if it will boot. That will eliminate all other factors. same cpu, psu, mouse, keyboard, cd rom etc.

imposter said:
errr wow......VERY WEIRD error. very weird....

judging that its a newboard i that is why they dont have new bios...

Err what brand is the motherboard you tested it on? Have you tried taking out certain sticks of memory?

i would put your motherboard into that computer and see if it will boot. That will eliminate all other factors. same cpu, psu, mouse, keyboard, cd rom etc.
My board is in sig. I tested the card on an Abit AW9D-MAX and it works.

Deanzo said:
How odd, shouldnt be the bios though, as my 8800 works just fine on the IP35.
Mate your having such a bad run of luck of late.
I know...and its really depressing...

And that is the thing, it was JUST WORKING in this computer not 10 mins before this thread was created!!

I'm going to fire it up with the 1600 and see if it is a BIOS option problem...IDK...

EDIT: Still nothing...

OK, SERIOUSLY WTF IS GOING ON...

I put it in the second pci-e slot...AND IT WORKS!!

I move it back to the normal one AND IT STILL WORKS!!!

W...T...F!!

EDIT: I'm running a benchmark right now with no problems...

Last edited:
set the pci-e speed for the mobo to 110mhz. if you look in my ip35-pro thread at the end there is a beta bios you can try to use. I think some with the bios on the board might cause it but if you only install the drivers and then it does it. something else is going on that i just cant put my finger on, as i have read others working just fine with the 8800's.

Evilsizer said:
set the pci-e speed for the mobo to 110mhz. if you look in my ip35-pro thread at the end there is a beta bios you can try to use. I think some with the bios on the board might cause it but if you only install the drivers and then it does it. something else is going on that i just cant put my finger on, as i have read others working just fine with the 8800's.
Should I be able to set it to 110? Last mb I had wouldn't do it, it just locked...

thideras said:
Should I be able to set it to 110? Last mb I had wouldn't do it, it just locked...
well i ran up to 115mhz with a 7900gt ko but there was no difference for me any from 110 to 115. yes you can set it it will be under Uguru menu in windows and in the bios. If you have uguru installed its nice for the little tweaks so you dont have to restart the pc.

Will do, but I fear restarting at this point and having the card stop working...

thideras said:
Will do, but I fear restarting at this point and having the card stop working...
nah worst case you just need to reset the cmos. actually that is one thing i would do first. use the cmos jumper on the board to clear it or the cmos switch on the back. Go in and do defualt settings, restart, then set things manually.

Did that, but it wouldn't even post with the 8800 in the machine.

thideras said:
Did that, but it wouldn't even post with the 8800 in the machine.
hmm, that bothers me then... im not sure what else to suggest then.

well have you measured the 12v rail of your psu with all the stuff running, i say use a DMM if you have one. cause part of me is starting to think the psu might not be handling water/8800 rather well.

Evilsizer said:
hmm, that bothers me then... im not sure what else to suggest then.

well have you measured the 12v rail of your psu with all the stuff running, i say use a DMM if you have one. cause part of me is starting to think the psu might not be handling water/8800 rather well.
DMM report 12.04v directly to the card.

And the 8800 is bone stock right now, even the cooler.

Back