• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5K Deluxe Wifi-Ap

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chizzer

I have this board works fine with my current ocz ram... my buddy has this 1 gig 2 *512 Kingston ram... it's 533mhz if I stick it into my board without my ocz ram it doesn't boot.... if i stick my ram back in it does but then tells me overclock failed when I wasn't trying to OC...I know the ram works cause it just came out of a work system.... I tried yellow banks and the black ones no change.. tried single channel no change... soo lil lost as to whats up with it?

Yeah I have that 0501 bios....by reset cmos u mean just do the reload defaults options?

Have you tried manually setting the Voltage on the memory and SPD settings. Some motherboards are picky with RAM when AUTO settings are used.

boot with only your RAM, set the values, then replace.

Ok I will give that a try as well.. even though I'd be losing speed I'd like to try and run the 533 and 667 stuff even if it does downclock to 533 least I will have 2 gigs.. gotta wait for some money first before I get my new stuff so figured this would tie me over... hopefully lol

Ok so I gave the above a try and no go still... Guess this ram just isn't compatible?

My P5B Deluxe Wifi is really picky. With regular value ram it will boot right up. If I try the ocz platinum, I need to put the stick in the 3rd slot, then turn the ram voltage way up to 2.15 or 2.25, then put the other stick in. I have tried every other way, and thats the only way I can get the ocz to work. Either the actual voltage is way off, or the OCZ is very power hungry. Its not just this set of ram either, I tried a set of OCZ camo ram with the exact same results. This asus board is by far the pickiest board I have ever seen with ram.

Back