• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How do I teel if Webroot Spysweeper startsup on windows boot?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Edward78 said:
I told it to in options, but the icon should be in system tray right?
You could go into the Taskmanager and look for its processes...:beer:

Edward78 said:
I told it to in options, but the icon should be in system tray right?

Yes. If the green icon is not in the system tray it likely isn't starting properly. I've seen Spysweeper not install properly a few times. Uninstalling and reinstalling will likely solve the issue. You can also install it in safe mode if you think something else is interfering.

Pinky said:
Yes. If the green icon is not in the system tray it likely isn't starting properly. I've seen Spysweeper not install properly a few times. Uninstalling and reinstalling will likely solve the issue. You can also install it in safe mode if you think something else is interfering.

Could Spybot Search & Destroy be iterfearing in anyway?

jstutman said:
like Pinky said, if the radar image is not in the tray, then it didnt start.

It isn't in the tray, but it is in the processes list of the task manager.

Added: I just added it to the statup menu, it works now :)

Last edited:
Edward78 said:
Could Spybot Search & Destroy be iterfearing in anyway?

Remove S&D, it's redundant to have Spysweeper and Spybot. Overall my experience has been that Spysweeper is the better product anyway.

Having two spyware applications in my experience is often a good idea as no product really catches everything, and unlike an antivirus program they usually do not conflict.

Last edited:
tenchi86 said:
Having two spyware applications in my experience is often a good idea as no product really catches everything, and unlike an antivirus program they usually do not conflict.

That really depends specifically on which 2 apps you're talking about. If you had 2 full time monitoring malware apps like Spysweeper running it would seriously bog down your machine. The "2 is greater than 1" thinking rarely applies, and even less often is of any benefit to the user.

Spybot isn't a real-time monitoring application, and it rarely finds anything Spysweeper doesn't already do a better job blocking/removing. It's redundant to have a rear parachute on your vehicle if you already have disc brakes. The disc brakes are more than enough.

If they are both running full time then I agree, and with these two particular applications you are probably correct. Though having one that runs full time and 1 or 2 addition ones that are only run every couple weeks can really help make sure your security has no holes. I know last time I fixed a computer the initial application I used found near 500 Spyware/Adware files, the next one only found around 20, but it was still 20 files that should not have been on there.

Back