• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DVI-D question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CRiMZ

My monitor has a DVI-D but my video card only came with a DVI-I adapter. Can I break the 4 little pins off and connect it to the DVI-D slot in my monitor?

CRiMZ said:
My monitor has a DVI-D but my video card only came with a DVI-I adapter. Can I break the 4 little pins off and connect it to the DVI-D slot in my monitor?
Does it have holes there or not?

If it does, then just plug it in.

If not...well, you could try that, but you run the risk of breaking something else. Best bet, get a different cable.

No, no holes. I don't care about my video card breaking but what are the chances that my monitor would break? BTW, you're everywhere thideras. Can't seem to get away from you.:beer:

CRiMZ said:
No, no holes. I don't care about my video card breaking but what are the chances that my monitor would break? BTW, you're everywhere thideras. Can't seem to get away from you.:beer:
Lol!

If you can remove the cable from the monitor, there should be no damage because you can replace the cable.

What video card? That is really strange that it doesn't have those holes :confused:

My laptop doesn't have them either....

8600 GT. The video card has the 4 extra pins but the monitor doesn't.

CRiMZ said:
8600 GT. The video card has the 4 extra pins but the monitor doesn't.
I think one of us is confused here. The pins are on the monitor cable, not on the video card.

my video card has two dvi-i's(has 4 extra pins) but my monitor only has dvi-d(no extra pins). Anyway, I just tried it and the flat thing doesn't fit. I'll just get a dvi-d adapter tomorrow

Back