• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel Core Duo vs TL-58

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

IAmMoen

My friend is looking at laptops and I am wondering how a Intel Core Duo (not core 2) at 1.66ghz would stack up against a TL-58 (Amd Athlon64 x2 1.9ghz)

Clock for clock the Core Duo and Turion X2 are more or less equals. The Core Duo has a 2 mb shared L2 cache whereas the Turion X2 has 512k L2 per core. In cache sensitive applications (such as f@h) I believe the Core Duo would be faster. I've used a mobile X2 system (basically Turion X2 with half the cache) running at 1.7 GHz and it was no slouch. :thup:

is a T5600 a core 2 duo? The one in the original post i think was a t2400 or so. And would that be faster than the x2?

edit: by the way thanks for the quick answer ben. It is appreciated.

IAmMoen said:
is a T5600 a core 2 duo? The one in the original post i think was a t2400 or so. And would that be faster than the x2?

yep, 1.83ghz, core 2 duo, aka Merom.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819111303

it would basically be like my e6300 at stock clocks. a bit lower fsb, but it will still perform. this would be quite a bit quicker than the x2, but for most tasks i'm sure they would feel similar.

Last edited:
Back