• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AUX 1 Fan Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AlienOllie

Hello, just got some 120mm delta fans. And OMG :eek: they are as loud as people say haha! Well I want them for cooling my radiator, and was wondering (their plugged into AUX 1 and AUX 2 on the motherboard) is there anyway of lowering the voltage sent to them to reduce rpm and reduce the noise :( coz atm its rele loud. Also are there any other ways to reduce the noise. I've looked on the bios, and I cannot see a voltage controller for AUX 1/2 but I can for the cpu and MB etc. unless it is disguised as another name. Any help will be highly appreciated, thanks :D

Btw the motherboard is: ABIT AV8 - VIA K8T800 Pro

Last edited:
JamesXP said:
Warning, Them fans might blow your motherboard they draw like 23W
Ya, the best way is to get a high rated fan controller. But I think those onboard fan controllers MIGHT be temp. controlled like the cpu adapter, but not sure.

I've now got it down to 3000rpm, still bit noisy but can live with it. I used Uguru to get voltage to 8.0min/8.1max volts (lowest it'll allow) this may be useful for anyone in the future :D

Back