• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

7900gs vs. other budget cards...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BenF

I'm looking to buy a new video card in the $100-$150 range. I'm willing to spend a bit more if the card is worth the cash but I'd prefer not to cross the $180 line. The cards I've seen in this price range are: 7900gs, x1950pro, 8600gt, 8600gts and the HD 2600xt. Of these cards, which one would you recommend. The computer is a budget c2d system. I will be using it primarly for gaming.

Thanks for the help,
Ben

Thanks for the advice...but I ended up purchasing a 7900gs. I had an opportunity to buy a never used 7900gs for about $80 (that is all he asked for it) from a kid who lives near me. That was too good an opportunity to pass up.

BenF said:
Thanks for the advice...but I ended up purchasing a 7900gs. I had an opportunity to buy a never used 7900gs for about $80 (that is all he asked for it) from a kid who lives near me. That was too good an opportunity to pass up.
Great deal thats a steal!

Glad you didn't waste your money on that 8600GTS...that link just made me realize again why entry level video cards are crap. Getting trounced by ATi's last generation of video card is not a good sales pitch, especially when you want to use what, by now, should be basic quality expectation settings like AA and AF....

Back