• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mc master carr tubing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

megadeath900

Disabled
MC master carr. So awhile back my friend ordered us some tubing from mc master carr and I think it was 7/16" But Im not sure what it was made of and all of that jazz. Can anyone link me on the right tubing from mc master carr?

megadeath900 said:
MC master carr. So awhile back my friend ordered us some tubing from mc master carr and I think it was 7/16" But Im not sure what it was made of and all of that jazz. Can anyone link me on the right tubing from mc master carr?
Danger Den has 1/2" ID and 3/8" ID R-3603 for $2.80 and $2.35. No 7/8 though.
http://www.dangerden.com/store/home.php?cat=33

If you don't need to make a lot of tight bends, the Masterkleer is good, inexpensive tubing. I have used it for over a year now. The Tygon R3603 is very good tubing and is more flexible, but costs a lot more.

If you want the 7/16"ID tubing, you want the #5233K44 tubing that has a 3/32" wall, not the #5233K43 tubing that only has a 1/16" wall. Just realize that you have to put the ends in boiling water or something to get them onto 1/2" barbs. I personally use the 1/2"ID 3/4"OD as I don't mind the bulkier tubing and it is a lot easier to get onto barbs.

Last edited:
voigts said:
If you don't need to make a lot of tight bends, the Masterkleer is good, inexpensive tubing. I have used it for over a year now. The Tygon R3603 is very good tubing and is more flexible, but costs a lot more.

If you want the 7/16"ID tubing, you want the #5233K44 tubing that has a 3/32" wall, not the #5233K43 tubing that only has a 1/16" wall. Just realize that you have to put the ends in boiling water or something to get them onto 1/2" barbs. I personally use the 1/2"ID 3/4"OD as I don't mind the bulkier tubing and it is a lot easier to get onto barbs.
Well I've used it before, I know how to get the barbs on. Thats why I was asking for more.

I don't know why you would attempt to use 3/8" over 1/2" barbs. You could break the tubing depending on what tubing you use doing that. 7/16" tubing is bad enough.

Back