• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dual 24" monitor stand

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mr. Roboto

Well, a recent thread on here got me thinking, and I'd really love to get a nice dual monitor stand for my 2 24" 2407 lcd's. After googling for a while, I couldn't find much at all, most will only accept 20.1" monitors. Am I out of luck?

I want the kind that will sit on my desk and hold both of them, not 2 separate arms that will clamp to the desk or anything.

I have this one at work for the 2 20.1" screens we have there, and it's really nice, but the site says <24" are only accepted. So basically, if there is a version of that that will work with 24" screens, it would be perfect.

Thanks, as always.

if you a little more into the spec it says for monitors less than 24" wide not a 24" screen so if your monitors are less than 24" wide that will work. go down the the Dimensional Illustrations pdf and it gives all the details.

jaymz9350 said:
if you a little more into the spec it says for monitors less than 24" wide not a 24" screen so if your monitors are less than 24" wide that will work. go down the the Dimensional Illustrations pdf and it gives all the details.

But my monitors are = to 24" widescreen, not < 24" wide screen.

Your monitors are measured 24" wide from corner to corner diagonally, not horizontal. So get the exact measurement from bottom corner to bottom corner, it may come in less than 24"

But the little chart depicts it is diagonal length:

icon_size.jpg

See the little arrows going diagonally across the screen? Unless it says somewhere else on there 24" wide. I see what you guys are saying though, I misinterpreted what jay was saying at first. I hope you're right anyways.

EDIT:

I reread the product specs you were reffering to in the PDF, and there, it does in fact say, 23 1/4" wide (Width refers to monitors physical outside dimension - not screen size) so it appears as though they have some conflicting data. Maybe an e-mail to them is in order. my monitor is about 22" wide.

Last edited:
TTP said:
The ergotron DS100 Quad mount can hold the 2407's. I have 2x 2405 and 2x2005's.

Do you know if it uses the same mount as the dual mount ds1000? If it does, then it should work for me.

edit: from looking at the specs, it must. It appears as though it just uses 2 of the crossbars from the dual DS100. hmmm....

If you could, do you think you couls measure your crossbar to make sure it is indeed the 28" one?

Mr. Roboto said:
Do you know if it uses the same mount as the dual mount ds1000? If it does, then it should work for me.

edit: from looking at the specs, it must. It appears as though it just uses 2 of the crossbars from the dual DS100. hmmm....

If you could, do you think you couls measure your crossbar to make sure it is indeed the 28" one?

I've never seen a 'DS1000'. If that's just a typo, all the DS100 mounts are the same. The only difference between the dual and the quad is the height of the main mounting pole.

TTP said:
I've never seen a 'DS1000'. If that's just a typo, all the DS100 mounts are the same. The only difference between the dual and the quad is the height of the main mounting pole.

Yeah, that was a typo, sorry about that. And great, so that means the stand should work for me!

I do have 1 more question though, does the 2407 use the standard vesa mountign stuff? The stand that it comes with actually recesses into the screen, and clips and locks in.

I took some pics to show it. Here;s the back of the screen itself:

img1098largeaj0.jpg

and here's the stand:

img1100largexz4.jpg

Again, thanks for all the help everyone.

billb said:

Ok, so I just need to unscrew that plate from the LCD stand and attach it to the LCD, and it will be standard, if I am understanding it corretly. Great! Thanks for the help everyone! I've just got to find a decent deal on the stand and I'm good to go.

Thanks again!

Back