• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS P5KC LGA 775 vs GIGABYTE GA-P35C-DS3R

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ares350

they both suck is an acceptable answer here.

these both seem to be a good value. but any huge flaws that Im ignoring?

no, I dont plan to run DDR3, but for 20$ it seems like it might be worth paying for the option on the gigabyte.

I want to overclock a Q6600 that will be water cooled, so I need voltage available for it. am I better going to the high end P35 from either maker or will these suit my needs?

Im not running a raid array, if I do itll be something simple like raid 0, maybe 0+1 some day. I think they all support that.

and just a single video card, no SLI support needed.

You could forget about ddr3 and save $20 by getting the P35-DS3R, which would also suit you since you don't need dual PCIe slots. if you want as much voltage and overclocking room as possible, the Abit IP35 boards are highly recommended.

so abit are the best boards? or are they missing something else that keeps most away?

ok little looking around and I see alot of talk about abit, wierd.

just ordered it up. hopefully my quad G0 runs on it... if not I have an E4300 to update the bios with though.

well that was a quick decision :beer:

I have been set on buying a gigabyte p35-ds3 board of some sort for the past few weeks, but after reading some IP35 Pro reviews and seeing how often they are recommended by OCF's "senior" members, I'm right back to square one.

as far as abit being the best boards or not, in a TH comparison of various DDR2 P35 boards, the Abit IP35 Pro was right up there with the top-overclocking gigabyte p35-dq6 and p35c-ds3r

I think I am getting the Abit board myself. I had good results with previous boards compared to Gigabyte and Asus. I think at some level alot id just personal preference as you are going to get around the same speeds with any of them give or take. The only time its extremely important is if you are looking to break records, in which case money is usually not a big factor and you can try whatever you want, keep the best, and sell the others or keep a backup.

yeah, Im sure itll get the job done, I is supposed to have a rear mounted cmos reset which will be nice if its true.

other than that, what the hell do I know :p

Im running an asrock dual now, everything is a step up from there.

I have 4x1gb of crucial ballistix coming, EVGA 8800GTS 640mb, and a Q6600. I cant wait to ditch this POS PC I have now. I upgraded it as a stopgap from my OLD athlon 2400+. but my old system was so well built it was faster :( well aside from the dual core, but still... each core was weaker so it was slower for many things.

Back