• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Storing information in an email on hotmail

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kjd

Registered
What i do is send an email to myself and i try to write down how many hours I worked each day and what I spent that day, people's phone numbers,etc. in the email so I can find it easy and also If I lose my usb flash drive or it's on my harddrive and my computer dies this information is easier to find. I figure my msn hotmail account has lasted longer than any computer and usb flash drive i own and will last longer than the ones i currently have.

Do you think this is a good idea?

Actually that idea is not new, Gmail implementation -> HERE

Btw, dunno what is the current maxed mail box size Yahoo vs Gmail ?

My Gmail mail box size is 2.8 GBytes with 0.5 GBytes used. :)

gmail FTW!

But yeah, I send myself important info that I don't want to loose all the time. With gmail I just send it to myself and then when I receive it I give it a label (The equivalent of putting it in a specific folder, sort of) then archive it. So now my important info is backed up with probably 5000x redundancy through google.

Well, just sharing mine on what I put in there :

- Email addie
- Cellphone numbers -> this proven very handy, I lost my cellphones twice ! Nokia PCSuites RULEZ !!
- Accounts info
- Inssurance info
- Crucial Business info
- Personal infos like, scanned documents on my house/land deed document, birth certificate , etc..etc..

All of those are encrypted multiple phases using multiple type public domain strong encryptors ! :D

Guess only NSA could break that, but I'm not worry too much since I don't do Al Qaeda stuff !

Well at least this will save me from hassle when my house & my bank (safe deposit) box exploded on the same time, "and" as long as I'm still alive with the password in my head ! LOL :D

Last edited:
Theres actually a firefox addon for gmail called gspace, basically works like an added drive. Well, not really, but it has a basic file system and everything.

freakdiablo said:
Theres actually a firefox addon for gmail called gspace, basically works like an added drive. Well, not really, but it has a basic file system and everything.

Hmm.. I didn't know that, thanks !

Just took a glance on that GSpace, looks really nice ! Too bad I'm heavily depend on Opera for browsing ! ;)

Yeah, I've had GSpace installed for awhile on FF, but never used it. USB drive works well enough for me =p

how do i get gspace to work. it says restart firefox and i do that. but i just download it again and go round and round

Back