• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can u change irq's in 2k pro?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shadowdr

havent had 2k long but i have 7 devices sharing irq 11 including agp, hpt raid controller and sb 128.i have occasional freezes and i am sure that performance must be hurt with 7 items on 11(my raid drives are not scoring like they should in sandra).i have tried changing every way i can think of but to no avail.what am i missing?

i even tried changing bios to non pnp system and the same devices then shared irq 7.as a last resort , i will try changing irq's in bios but im not sure this will work either.

thanks in advance, jeff

That's because ACPI is enabled. That puts irq 11 as sharing. If you really want to stop that and have 1 irq per device you have to disable ACPI. Go to device manager, then under computer there will be "ACPI compliant PC" or somthing to that effect, click update driver. Choose fom list, and select the standard pc driver. Reboot and it'll put every device to one irq.

Now you must enable APM (adavanced power man) to be able to shutdown. Just go to control panel/power options and there will be a APM tab, just click the enable APM box. I, as well as others, had to do that in 2k to stop BSODs. I recommend doing it.

satan said:
That's because ACPI is enabled. That puts irq 11 as sharing. If you really want to stop that and have 1 irq per device you have to disable ACPI. Go to device manager, then under computer there will be "ACPI compliant PC" or somthing to that effect, click update driver. Choose fom list, and select the standard pc driver. Reboot and it'll put every device to one irq.

Now you must enable APM (adavanced power man) to be able to shutdown. Just go to control panel/power options and there will be a APM tab, just click the enable APM box. I, as well as others, had to do that in 2k to stop BSODs. I recommend doing it.

some IRQ's will still share but it will let you fource IRQ's from within the bios.

hey thanks,the first part worked but had to reinstall all devices but the second,apm.there was no tab for that.it did have allow hibernate and i checked that box.hope it shuts down.i will know later.anyway only 2 devices sharing 1 irq now,this is great.i must have read volumes on 2k but that wasn't anywhere!ms must not use 2k .

I hope it shuts down. I had the problem before that it wouldn't shut down and there was no APM tab. I had to go to dev. man., and select view all devices, then under non PnP devices I had to uninstall ACPI. You might have to instal APM too. Just go to instal wizard and install from list, its around there somewhere.

Back