• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

E6750 with 1.48V @ 3.6Ghz and 44C

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DerekT

E6750 with 1.48V @ 3.6Ghz and 47C

E6750 with 1.48V @ 3.6Ghz and 47C full Orthos (11hours) Load temps with a P5K.

I have no doubt that these revisioned CPU's can handle 1.6V on air. My next step is 3.8Ghz.
675036Ghz.11hrs.jpg

I have two E6600 (L628B, L629B) and both can also make 3.6Ghz easy but the temps disallow running them higher. They get close to 70C at 3.6Ghz. They need far less voltage but run much hotter.

Last edited:
Interesting observations that the G-0 produces less heat at a given Vcore than B series steppings.

We all have seen the G-0 generally has a lower VID tham B series, and now this additional effect would be icing on the cake.

I have several E6600's and have noticed what you noticed concerning heat and voltage: They will continue to scale until you run out of Vcore, cooling, or power.

It'll be interesting to see if these G-0's do the same, or *wall*, as some ppl have suggested. The several times I've seen early reports of G-0's walling, it seemed to have been related to other issues, primarily mobo limitations, either inherent to the mobo, or incorrect overclocking settings applied. So I'm not making any judgements.

Thanks for your input.

~ Strat ~

Stratcat said:
The several times I've seen early reports of G-0's walling, it seemed to have been related to other issues, primarily mobo limitations, either inherent to the mobo, or incorrect overclocking settings applied. So I'm not making any judgements.

Here's an interesting point to note. I am using a P5K Bearlake chipset based board and the BIOS allows a choice of Strapping (200 - 800Mhz, 266 - 1066Mhz, and 333 - 1333Mhz). When I chose the 333 and clocked it up to 3.6Ghz I had a lower (900Mhz) DRAM throughput and stability was tough to gain. When I dropped the Strap to 266 - 1066 and clocked it up to 3.6Ghz, I had 1125MHz on the RAM and stability was far easier to maintain. My Crucial Ballistix 1066 D9GMH has no problems up to 1285 @ 5-5-5-15. Something tells me that DDR3 will allow us to gain some phenominal clocks on this revisioned CPU.

Still much testing to go as I just picked this up yesterday.

Last edited:
Back