• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can anyone help me by just providing OC settings?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Do you have just stock cooling? Pushing it 500mhz with stock may not be advised for heat reasons..

Other reasons may be your ram is holding you back etc..

My advice is to go through the tutorials, as boring as that may be, people cant just push their CPU's from 2.1 to 2.6 in a few seconds. :(

On your Gigabyte board. In the BIOS hit Ctrl+F1. It will bring up the advanced features.

It is honestly difficult to just hand you setiings. Since any number of factors are involved tinkering them properly.

If you need futher help I would be glad to assist you. As many others, getting you started on overclocking.

A oc on stock isnt really a good idea. Specially a 500 mhz OC. Id upgrade to a nicer cooler before hand.. Clockagen is a decent program so Iv been told. You might be able to get it to work on your system.

Can you update to the latest BIOS? Perhaps the latest revision will allow for HTT multi adjustment.

Wish I could help you. I don't know anything about that board. I would try running running your CPU at 250 (should yield a 2.625 mhz with the 10.5 multi) and perhaps running your RAM on the 667 dividier (don't know enough about those sticks or DDR2 in general), but you'll definitely have to lower your HTT to x4 (down from x5). There's got to be a way to do it with your board. It may be an option buried somewhere obscure in your BIOS. It seems ridiculous to me that an AMD mobo manufacturer would allow you overclocking options for CPU and RAM without also offering a way to change your LDT multiplier.

If I were you, I'd go through EVERY available menu option in your BIOS (even if the menu labels don't look like they would have anything to do with LDT). It must be somewhere.

Wayward_Son said:
If I were you, I'd go through EVERY available menu option in your BIOS (even if the menu labels don't look like they would have anything to do with LDT). It must be somewhere.
On every Gigabyte board I have owned. It is a Ctrl+F1 combo. Then in the advanced (section). It even says that. :D My board has it listed as Advanced Chipset.

I have no clue why they hide the settings. I do suspect it is to keep those who do not know out. Then once you take that leap of Ctrl+F1. You know the risk, since you read how to do it somewhwere. Not sure, but every Gb board I have owned had advanced settings below that key combo.

If you have the DualBIOS(tm), you can overclock out of the box. They come shipped able to ramp it up. With that key combo of course.

Last edited:
LOL I think I found it, is this it?

GPU Bank Flip = Disabled
> K8<->NB HT Speed (1x to 5x)
> K8<->NB HT Width

Seems like it :D

I'm planning on doing:

CPU HTT: 230 MHz x 10.5 = 2415Mhz
HHT divider 4x x 230 = 920 Mhz
667 RAM Divider

Thanks guys!!!

Last edited:
HHT divider 4x x 200 = 920 Mhz

I think that math is a little off.

4 x 200 = 800.

Now 4 x 230 = 920

See how it kind of ties together? The RAM will be running off that same value of 230 also. It all ties to that number kind of. Unless you do some other number higher or lower.

You listed 4x x 200 = 920

If it was a typo, my bad. :D

I just want to make sure your getting the idea here. Not to knock ya around. I am happy to help you understand how this all works and ties into each part.

Then once you do get the idea. You iwll know how easy it is for a simple OC. Once you go for the high speeds(if you do). Then it gets tricky. For RAM settings and voltages, stuff like that.

:D Sweet I'm learning!!!! I've got it at 2.4GHz right now

I've got 2 last quick questions.

1. Should I turn off the AMD K8 Cool& Quiet in BIOS?

2. CPU-Z shows core speed: 2315, multiper x10.5, bus speed 220, HT link 882. Memory wise it shows frequency 386Mhz, cas# 5, RtCD 5, Ras# 5, cyctle time 12, bank ctyle time 17, and command rate 1.

I'm going to run Prime95 and Memtest to make sure everything is Ok.

Once again thanks for all the help!

Updated: To Show new speed of 2.3GHz instead of 2.4Ghz

Last edited:
Setsukos said:
:D Sweet I'm learning!!!! I've got it at 2.4GHz right now
That is why this site exists. To help others, and show respect doing it. Least that is the hope anyways. Most are all for this concept here.

I've got 2 last quick questions.

1. Should I turn off the AMD K8 Cool& Quiet in BIOS?
It is your call on this. Some have reported issues overclocking using this feature. Since it automgiacally adjusts settings for you. Lowering the speeds. If your needing quiet operation and running stock. I would use it. Myself, I do not on my main machine. I want my machine to be fast from boot to shutdown.

2. CPU-Z shows core speed: 2406, multiper x10.5, bus speed 230, HT link 917. Memory wise it shows frequency 343Mhz, cas# 5, RtCD 5, Ras# 5, cyctle time 15, bank ctyle time 23, and command rate 1.
For now, until you resolve knowing more. I would leave these settings on auto. It will allow you to run tests to see if it is stable or not overheating the CPU. Lower in this post. I will link up some other threads to give you pertinent information how t odo settings more. It might even be better to even hop over to the memory section and ask. Since some of the memory gurus hang out there. I am not hip on them sticks actually and DD2.

I'm going to run Prime95 and Memtest to make sure everything is Ok.
It is a staple of us overclockers(your an overclocker also). Running tests to check how well the settings went. It is slow, but once you get the right setup. It is worth it and you don't need ot fiddle much with stable machines once setup. So take your time at first to make sure everything is ok.

Also Everest is showing CPU temp at 38c, motherboard at 44c
Myself I take readings with a grain of salt. While Gigabyte is nto to far off usually. It can be wrong by a few degrees. Unles your pumping alot of voltage. You should not have to worry much. Just check it when it is under a heavy load. Might want to find something that reads the core. Like CoreTemp. Set the CPU temp wanring as a precaution. Then it will beep at you. It should shut down if it gets to. You really cannot rely on this though.

Once again thanks for all the help!
Your very much welcome. That is why we post here. We want to include as many new overclockers as we can. Then help them spend all their money on more parts. Wait until the teams start inviting you. lol
:rolleyes:

Keep in mind. Gigabyte slightly overvolts their setups. So you might want to be advised of it will heat up under a serious load.

Here is the threads I mentioned earlier. Good reading material for new overlcockers. It helps once you understand the basics.

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=391768

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=257741
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=409152

If you still need help. Just ask, though try and post in the relevant setcions. Unless you feel it is tied into one thing and easier. For memory, I would suggest heading over there. :D We got some good folks here that like to help out.

Last edited:
Nice post EnablingWolf. :)

I would just add, use Orthos, not P95. It will load both cores.

hUMANbEATbOX said:
Nice post EnablingWolf. :)

I would just add, use Orthos, not P95. It will load both cores.

If you would of been awake. You would of done the same. Good call on the Orthos. I am a single core here still, so I forget both need to load. :D

Enablingwolf said:
If you would of been awake. You would of done the same. Good call on the Orthos. I am a single core here still, so I forget both need to load. :D

Actually it is really helping me as well. :)

I would have not been able to provide much advice with his a64 system as I have never overclocked one myself. But I've got a 939 (i think) Sempron 3400+ system here that belongs to a friends little sister. They want me to OC it if possible, so you may find a new thread here of my own asking for help in the coming days. :)

Of course, I won't be asking the basics of OC'ing, but the math on these cpus with the HTT and all confuses me.

This will benefit both the OP and you. Maybe others also. :D

HTT(Bus speed) x LDT(2-5x) = HT speed
HTT(Bus speed) x multi = CPU speed
RAM(100, 133, 166, 200) + over stock HTT Speed = RAM speed ( This is the divider on the A64)

An exaqmple:
Stock:

200 x 5 = 1000
200 x 10 = 2.0Ghz(CPU speed)
200 + 0 = 200Mhz(RAM speed)

If we push 50 over.. Stock of 200Mhz

250 x 4 = 1000HT
250 x 10 = 2.5Ghz(CPU speed)
166 + 50 = 216Mhz(RAM speed)

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=306418
Guatam's sticky goodness said:
You are essentially in control of the speeds of four frequencies; the CPU speed, the memory bus, the HTT, and the HyperTransport bus. Overclocking the CPU is done pretty much as it always has been, except that the HTT substitutes the front side bus.

It is simple if your a seasoned overclocker. The HTT wording tosses Intel guys off and new overclockers sometimes. A little math formula simplication makes it easier.

Last edited:
Enablingwolf said:
It is simple if your a seasoned overclocker. The HTT wording tosses Intel guys off and new overclockers sometimes. A little math formula simplication makes it easier.

And that is why I value your response. Thank you. :)

I'll shoot you a PM in the next couple of days to let you know how things turn out.

Back