• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need advice - old timer!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tom_ed1987

Hi

ok, after 3 years of being out of the hardware/overclocking game i have decided to upgrade:

I am looking at getting an Intel Core 2 Duo E6320 (1.86Ghz) Socket 775 FSB1066 4MB as the price seems good for 4MB cache and i think it will overclock well.

I have no idea about what motherboards are currently good or not so can anyone offer advice? All budgets of board considered but if there are any current standout boards for the price please say.

Thanks!:beer:

You might try asking this in the "Socket 775" forum : http://www.ocforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158. There are some similar threads there now. The chipset of choice at the moment seems to be the P35 and boards by Abit, Asus, and Gigabyte seem to be the most popular at the moment. Good luck and welcome back.

I agree with the P35 comment but I would look into a E6750 for just a bit more money. It will make OCing a lot easier and has a higher multiplier of 8 instead of 7 in the E6320. This means you wont have to put as much stress into your RAM or spend more money on better RAM. If not at least a E6420 which also has a better multiplier.

+1 with everything that has been said. Unless, for some reason, you wanted to go SLI...

Last edited:
Back