• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Getting mic/headphone ports to work. help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DSM4Life

Ok i just purchased a new case (coolmaster Centurion RC-531-KKN1 ). i have always plugged my mic/headphones directly into the rear audio ports on the card to get my sounds. Well this new case comes with audio ports on the top of the case which would be very convient since my PC is now on the floor. How do you think i can get my mic/sounds ports on the top of the case to work with my sound card (Creative SB audigy 2) ?

DSM4Life said:
Ok i just purchased a new case (coolmaster Centurion RC-531-KKN1 ). i have always plugged my mic/headphones directly into the rear audio ports on the card to get my sounds. Well this new case comes with audio ports on the top of the case which would be very convient since my PC is now on the floor. How do you think i can get my mic/sounds ports on the top of the case to work with my sound card (Creative SB audigy 2) ?

there are how to's out there on how to get it working. It's not a total solution as it doesn't exactly work perfectly.

You can start here and see what you come up with:
attachment11f09b6pw2.jpg

http://audigy2zshowto.blogspot.com/

With the creative case you will not be able to get it to mute the speakers when you plug in the headphones. So you would have to just turn off the speakers when you plug in the headphones.

Back