• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need 5.1 Sound Card Linux Compatible

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
1 suggestion. . . not creative. They have absolutely no driver support for linux. My onboard sound worked perfect in linux. Is that a viable solution for you?

icantfindone said:
1 suggestion. . . not creative. They have absolutely no driver support for linux. My onboard sound worked perfect in linux. Is that a viable solution for you?

Not really, my speakers are 5.1 and it would be a waste not to have a sound card for them :(

wa77ss said:
Not really, my speakers are 5.1 and it would be a waste not to have a sound card for them :(
It looks like you have onboard surround. I use 5.1 on my Abit IP35 Pro and I can't tell the difference.:beer:

Sigh, creative has built in kernel support since like 2.2 its possibly the easiest to get working under Linux, this includes all live threw x-fi, can be done as either a module or built in driver is "emu" if you compile yourself but genkernel should pick it up if you don't.

Back